The term “Protected Geographical Indication” for our olive oil indicates that it is cultivated, produced and processed to meet certain specifications especially:
- Olive tree variety: “Koroneiki” & “Athinoelia”.
- Preventive spraying to combat olive fruit fly under the supervision of an agriculturist.
- Harvest of olive tree fruit and transportation in specials buckets.
- Two phase olive mill ( eco friendly)
- Crush of the olive tree fruit within 24 hours after harvest
- Cold extraction < 27 C.
- Storing in stainless steel tanks, at a temperature of 18 C ,and in an inert atmosphere with the use of nitrogen gas.
- Evaluation of the product with the use of sensory methods
- Laboratory product analysis